Biscuits and gravy is a popular food in Michigan. My recipe is only for the gravy. You can buy the biscuits from the store or make your own, but you definitely will need them! This is a great comfort food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I would eat biscuits and gravy at any time of day.
Serves: about 3 people
1/2 lb Ground Pork Sausage
6 tbsp Butter
8 tbsp or 1/2 cup Flour
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 cups Beef Broth
3 1/4 cups Milk
Biscuits (from the store or homemade)
1. Heat stove to medium/high heat.
2. Add beef broth to pot.
3. Add ground pork sausage.
4. While cooking sausage, add pepper, salt, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
5. When meat is fully cooked, add butter.
6. When butter is dissolved, add flour and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add milk and bring to a boil.
8. Once the gravy has come to a boil, it should have thickened and will be ready to eat.
9. Serve gravy on top of a biscuit or two.