In this recipe I use a food processor, but it isn’t needed. You can just finely chop up the jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro.
28oz can Crushed Tomatoes
28oz can Diced Tomatoes (drained)
1 Jalapeno Pepper (half with seeds and half without seeds)
4 cloves Garlic (or add Garlic Powder to taste)
2 tbsp Salt
1 handful of Cilantro chopped (about 1 tbsp)
1 large Onion (or 1 and 1/2 smaller Onions)
1 and 3/4 cups Water
Food processor (optional)
- Add 1 can of crushed tomatoes to a food processor.
- Chop up jalapeno pepper (half with seeds and half without seeds), salt and garlic, then add to food processor.
- Cut lime in half, and squeeze juice into food processor, then pulse.
- Add a handful of cilantro to food processor, then pulse.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add 1 can of diced tomatoes (drained), 1 chopped onion, and 1 3/4 cups water to the bowl and stir.
- Transfer to storage containers. I prefer glass containers because of the tomato. Put in refrigerator for 2 days, then your salsa will be ready to eat!